Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Homemade Oxi-Clean


I am not a great housekeeper. I like to think I am. But, when it comes to it, I am a total "shove everything in the basement" kind of girl.

Vacuuming bores me, dusting makes me sneeze, and dishes give me dry hands.

But laundry is another story all together. I am slightly neurotic when it comes to laundry. I am the only one that can do it right in our house.

Maybe it  I smell clothes when they come out to make sure that they emit the right mixture of fragrance and cleanliness, and have been known to rewash clothes that just weren't soft enough. I use a certain detergent, softener, and dryer sheets. I loved all of them but my stain treatment.

It was expensive. I tried cheap knock-off stain sticks, sprays, and pastes. Nothing worked as good as the high-end real deal.

Until now. Homemade oxi-clean. Yay!!!!!

You will need:
  • A container with a tight fitting lid
  • 1 c. water
  • 1/2 c. hydrogen peroxide
  • 1/2 c. baking soda

 Simply mix all the ingredients in your container and secure the lid. Shake well before each use and let stain soak anywhere from 15 minutes to overnight.

I personally have not had any problems with color fading/bleeding, but you should always check your own clothes in a not-so-noticeable area first if you are concerned.

Happy washing!
 





No comments:

Post a Comment