Winter is horrible for my diet. As soon as the cold winds start blowing, all I want to do is curl up on the couch with a warm plate of gooey cheesy hot food and hibernate until it is above 60. Unfortunately, that is not really an option for me, and I am trying to eat as healthy as I can before all of the Thanksgiving/Christmas dinners.
This morning I was craving a Philly sandwich. I decided to try to make a healthy low carb version in the crock pot as I have been feeling extremely lazy lately.
This is fast, filling, and healthy :)
- 1-1.5 lb. Flank Steak
- 1 8 oz. package sliced mushrooms
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 cups beef stock/broth
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Mayo to taste
- Sliced provolone
- Buns/wraps of your choice
- In a large skillet, heat up the oil and brown the steak on both sides.
- Meanwhile, in the crock pot, place sliced onion, seasoning, and mushrooms.
- Place meat on top and add broth.
- Cover and cook on High for 5 hours or Low for 10.
- Shred meat with two forks and serve on bread of your choice with mayo and cheese.