Thursday, November 17, 2011

Mushroom Philly Cheese Steak


Winter is horrible for my diet. As soon as the cold winds start blowing, all I want to do is curl up on the couch with a warm plate of gooey cheesy hot food and hibernate until it is above 60. Unfortunately, that is not really an option for me, and I am trying to eat as healthy as I can before all of the Thanksgiving/Christmas dinners. 

This morning I was craving a Philly sandwich. I decided to try to make a healthy low carb version in the crock pot as I have been feeling extremely lazy lately. 

This is fast, filling, and healthy :)

Ingredients:
  • 1-1.5 lb. Flank Steak
  • 1 8 oz. package sliced mushrooms
  • 1 large onion, sliced
  • 2 cups beef stock/broth
  • 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
  • 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
  • Mayo to taste
  • Sliced provolone
  • Buns/wraps of your choice


  1. In a large skillet, heat up the oil and brown the steak on both sides. 
  2. Meanwhile, in the crock pot, place sliced onion, seasoning, and mushrooms. 
  3. Place meat on top and add broth. 
  4. Cover and cook on High for 5 hours or Low for 10. 
  5. Shred meat with two forks and serve on bread of your choice with mayo and cheese. 

No comments:

Post a Comment